Go Back   AFRICAW WORLD ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > GLOBAL ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > RELIGIOUS AND MORAL ISSUES
Click to log in with Facebook

Who do you think is the real anti-christ?

RELIGIOUS AND MORAL ISSUES

Old ,   #1  
Charmayne

Replies: 6
Charmayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who do you think is the real anti-christ?

They say that during the end times the anti-christ shall rise and will deceive many people. But up till now we still have no idea who really is the anti-christ when that time comes. It could be a person, an organization or even a religion. As we can see, we already felt the signs of the upcoming "end of days".
Old ,   #2  
ladyfaith

Replies: 70
ladyfaith is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know that we have actually seen the anti-christ as of yet. I do agree that many things the Bible speaks of have come to pass, but I pray that we do not see the anti-christ for a very long time.
ladyfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #3  
BBen

Replies: n/a
Cool

well, most people are saying that the Pope is the Anti-christ.. not that I am being disrespectful to Mr. Obama but just recently on yahoo answers i read a similar thread and in fact i was shocked to read that Barack Obama is the real Anti-Christ.. well, i personally believe there is nothing like Anti-Christ. maybe it is just our imagination.. i remember i also read it somewhere that the Anti-Christ is in the Bible and hence will come to pass.. but..
Old ,   #4  
Darthaneon

Replies: 28
Darthaneon is an unknown quantity at this point

Some are saying that Anti-Christ has already come out. People are saying that they are famous personalities like Adolf Hitler, and even Bill Gates. I also believe in this and thus I think that the end of times is almost upon us.
Darthaneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #5  
Dante's Peak

Replies: 12
Dante's Peak is an unknown quantity at this point

I do think that Bill Gates is one of them because of the power he is having right now.
Dante's Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #6  
trekjunkie

Replies: 30
trekjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...I hope that we don't see the anti-Christ for a long time, if we see him/her next year...well, you know what that means! hehe I'm not to sure if we've met the real anti-Christ yet, but here's a question for ya:

Would we know the real anti-Christ when we see him/her?

ed Reason: mis-spelled a word
trekjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #7  
DarkTimes

Replies: 23
DarkTimes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who do you think is the real anti-christ?

The Anti-christ will probably be backed by an organization, but it will be a specific person.

I doubt he's currently in power, if anything, he might just be a child right now. Also, I doubt it could be a woman but you never know..
DarkTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #8  
rcf5005

Replies: 39
rcf5005 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not a religious scholar, but I always heard that the Anti-Christ was some upstanding citizen that everybody is a fan of, and gently coerced society into evil. If thats the case, then we can't technically know who he is. If we suspect somebody of being the true Anti-Christ, then it's probably not that person. Catch 22, huh?
rcf5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #9  
Julklex

Replies: 25
Julklex is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll never know, really
The person might not have been born yet, could be in his teens, he could be a member of this forum. Hey, he could even be the newly elected president Obama, though that's not likely
Julklex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #10  
sham

Replies: 28
sham is an unknown quantity at this point

Anti Christ is not a a person, an organization or even a religion. Anti-Christ is anyone who opposes Christ. Anyone who speaks against Christ is said to be an Anti-Christ.
sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #11  
zowie

Replies: 78
zowie is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Osama Bin Laden? What about George Bush? what about Robert Mugabe? What about Hugo Chavez? What about Vladimir Putin? What about Narendra Modi? They all have shown their destructive traits in recent years. Can any of them be considered Antichrist? May be the destructive qualities existing in all these together can be considered Antichrist.
zowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #12  
Aleiah

Replies: 45
Aleiah is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess, all anti-Christ means that they are anti-good or against right. So that means all who does evil as well as all that causes suffering to the majority of the people are anti-Christ. Since Christ wants whats good only for all his people; he has provided or created several commandments or set of rules for us to follow. An example of those are "not to kill," so some people who unjustly kill someone can be considered an anti-Christ already.
Aleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #13  
ThatGirl

Replies: 29
ThatGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

The end of days is a rather controversial topic. The truth is, every generation for centuries has been sure the end was to occur within their lifetime, sure that whatever was happening during that time was the worst and the most obvious signs of the return of Christ.

It wasn't. And I doubt it is now. Every generation has hard times, and others have had it so much worst then us. If anything, we are witnessing the beginning of yet another shift of power, the rise and fall of the most prominent empires.
ThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #14  
bluemax

Replies: 3
bluemax is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have to agree. The world is looking for a leader like a Churchill, charisma of a JFK, smart and no doubt handsome. He will solve the economic turmoil, aid in the peace with the Arab and Jew. People will follow a person like that like sheep.
I believe we will not know him until we are gone.
If an un-known can become the leader of the strongest country in the world with a slogan of " change ", imagine what a powerful leader will do when all hell breaks loose!
bluemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #15  
Bigpixy

Replies: 39
Bigpixy is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't really think the anti-Christ exists. I agree with sham about this. I think it's a bit too extreme. I mean one man who would ruin the entire world come on. I think Christians take this stuff a little too seriously. I'm bashing Christians or anything, but it's a bit too extreme.
Bigpixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #16  
Ami69

Replies: 54
Ami69 is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD 

well, anti-Christ is anyone who is against Christ. Obama for example is a Christian who believes in Jesus Christ and hence cannot be an anti-Christ. Bill Gates is also a Christian. I will rather say Opera Winfrey because Opera Winfrey publicly denied the fact that Jesus Christ is the only way to the father. You can watch that video on Youtube about Opera denying Jesus Christ as the only way to life.
Ami69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #17  
Khelos

Replies: 13
Khelos is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you say enough? Do you give enough? Do you believe that an Anti-Christ will end the world?

There are 1000 ways to view a question.

If a hero and a devil are born, how will you choose the righteous one.

You do not know my name, nor my face or voice, but I love you. I do not want your trust, but I wish to open your eyes. Is the older one right? Was not the world once flat because people believed it so? The world is smart enough now that I do not have to answer my questions for them, they have a pair of strong legs to stand on all by themselves.

God never said be Christian, or be Jewish, Muslim or anything else. God wishes you to only believe in him, and find it in you to live along one another without taking advantage of one another. Some believe Jesus was God, take heed in what I say that if God did take a human form named Jesus, you don't need to believe in Jesus to be saved. Believing that soda is named soda, but some people only call it pop, doesn't mean your talking about something different. Believe in God and you will find salvation, not stories written by man, man if flawed.
Khelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #18  
SevenYears

Replies: 1
SevenYears is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone really considered the possibility that this man (surely it couldn't be a woman) doesn't have to be a business genius in order to fulfill the prophecy? The Bible clearly states that he will use miracles and other supernatural powers to do what must be done. Not only that but he can wage war against the saints meaning he CAN kill Christians or anyone else for that matter with these powers.

Imagine the power he will be able to wield, its intoxicating to think about . When you think about it, even though being this entity will cost him his soul, the destruction and joy that comes from murdering anyone who wrongs him is absolutely worth it when you consider that you are not alone burning for all time. But this is all a wonderful fantasy and completely disturbing for the rest of you...*cough* Have a good rest of the week.
SevenYears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #19  
Xander756

Replies: 2
Xander756 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well on some History Channel special I saw about the anti-christ a few years ago they said it would be someone who was well liked and well spoken. These are both reasons George Bush obviously wasn't him, he was hated and didn't speak very well.

Obama, on the other hand, is loved and very eloquent. They also said the anti-christ would appear in times of crisis and promise to lead us out of it. Hmm...almost like the current economic crisis Obama is pledging to fix? I don't believe in that kind of nonsense but he seems to fit the bill very well according to that History Channel special. Does anybody think it could be him?
Xander756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #20  
rmholla

Replies: 30
rmholla is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't understand people. The Bible gets so many factual things wrong I cannot fathom why anyone worries about things that are so easily manipulated to any situation (much like a horoscope).

If more people actually researched the history of the Bible and how it came to be less people would believe in that fairy tale of a book.

Shrek has a talking donkey and people say "oh that would never happen." The Bible has a talking donkey and people believe it actually occurred!!!

The Bible is filled with things we know are not true so why believe any of the other parts of it?
rmholla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antichrist, real