Go Back   AFRICAW WORLD ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > GLOBAL ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > RELIGIOUS AND MORAL ISSUES
Click to log in with Facebook

Should Adultery and Fornication be punishable by death?

RELIGIOUS AND MORAL ISSUES

Old ,   #1  
Kofi
I love Africa

Replies: 453
Kofi is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD SENIOR MEMBER 

Default Should Adultery and Fornication be punishable by death?

Do you know adultery is still punishable by death in some Islamic countries? Before Christianity came to Africa, adultery was punishable in some communities. Those who committed adultery were often banished from their communities. In my country for example, adultery was considered a taboo and any person who committed adultery was banished from the community.
In certain parts of Africa especially in some parts of Nigeria, adultery was punishable by public disgrace (stripping the two involved naked in public place) and banishment.

Adultery is still punishable and adulterers pay fines in some of the Islamic countries in North Africa. However adultery is no longer punishable in almost all the Christian communities in Africa. I read an article on yahoo news yesterday and according to that article adultery is punishable by death in Pakistan.

I googled a little bit and found that not just in Pakistan but in almost all the top Islamic nations in the world. For example, sins such as Murder, adultery, rape, armed robbery, rejection of religion or political party(apostasy) and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Iran's sharia law.
Adultery is also punishable by death by stoning in Indonesia the largest Islamic nation. What do you think? Should Adultery and fornication be punishable by death?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sharia law.jpg (21.2 KB)
Sponsored Links
Old ,   #2  
Doug

Replies: 179
Doug is an unknown quantity at this point

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Default Re: Should Adultery and Fornication be punishable by death?

"What do you think? Should Adultery and fornication be punishable by death"?

I don't have to think about that! Any kind of law, religion or any other form of punishment dreamed of by man can never condemn as many people in adultery and fornication as they do themselves. Venereal Disease and aids have taken over the job of condemning these people. In certain parts of Africa 50% of the people have venereal disease or aids from this behavior. No thinking on this subject is needed for the people themselves are bringing judgement on themselves.

So Kofi, before Christianity came to Africa, we had laws and regulations in Africa? You are right. Laws force people to do what is right. BUT, but when laws are not enforced the heart of the people is exposed. Laws cannot change the heart and morals of people it can only catch and punish a few that it catches breaking it.

When a farmer sows a field of grain, what he reaps from his sowing, is many many days in the future. And so it is in life. You sow evil behavior and sooner or later you reap what you sow! Evil in abundance!!!

Kofi, you mention christianity, Islam, sharia law, and all are religions. One religion does nothing to this type of people and the other kills them. Well, la-de-da, whoop-de doo and holy smokes. All those religions have killed untold millions of innocent people forcing them to believe as they do. You can blame one religion for letting the people do evil and praise another for killing those who do. No religion can change a mans heart, he must decide for himself whether he will practice good or evil. The fruit of a mixture of good and evil taken into your body says that you will surely die. Africans are experiencing this in abundance and the rest of the world is starting to catch up.

So Kofi, this is what I think.
Should Adultery and fornication be punishable by death?
As I said, I do not have to think whether it should or should not be.
The people are deciding that for themselves and think they are having fun condemning themselves. Their sexual pleasure will turn on them with a vengeance. Their morals will produce their fruit. They will reap what they sow.

Let religion teach them personal responsibility instead of laws.
Let religion teach truth instead of belching forth great swelling words of nothingness.
Let religion become an example and not the words I am tempted to call it.

Kofi my friend, I think I will quit and wait for your thoughts to develop this mind exasperating subject more fully. Your words express your thoughts in a way that is tantalizing to explore.

Your friend, Doug
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #3  
Kofi
I love Africa

Replies: 453
Kofi is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD SENIOR MEMBER 

Your replies are always great. Thank you very much for replying to this post. Yes I agree with you. You reap what ever you sow. My grandfather used to say "se woye papa a woye fa. se woye bone nso a woye fa" which means "If you do good, you do for yourself. If you do bad, you do for yourself". In the olden days in Africa, although the kings, the queens and other traditional rulers ensured that the rules and regulations of the land were obeyed and followed accordingly, there was also the fear of the gods in the hearts of every African. It was believed that if you sin against your brother and nobody sees you, the gods see you and the gods will punish you for what you did and the gods did punish people for what they did in secret so people were very afraid to commit sins such as adultery, murder, rape, etc. In today's Africa, in my country Ghana(Ghana is a Christian country) for example, people don't believe in the traditional gods and about 80% of the population consider themselves Christians covered with the blood of Jesus which means no traditional god can kill them for committing adultery or sinning against their brother. People are not afraid to commit adultery today because they believe Jesus will forgive them after all Jesus forgave Mary Magdalene who was a prostitute unlike the traditional African gods who punish people for fornication, adultery, rape, etc.
What most people forget is that even if Jesus forgives you for fornication or adultery, you may still die from HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases
Old ,   #4  
Unregistered

Replies: n/a

we all commit adultery in one way or the other. everybody fornicates in one way or the other which makes it stupid to condemn someone to death. looking at someone with lustful eyes is fornication. Undressing someone in your mind is fornication and the Quran talks about this too. Who on earth hasn't done this before? These adultery and fornication laws are stupid and meaningless laws.
Old ,   #5  
Unregistered

punishable by death? lol. some people are just messed up mentally. stoning someone to death for fornication is one very stupid and senseless idea. it is true stupidity kills faster than gun.
Old ,   #6  
Unregistered

i think first time cheaters should be givin STI's and second time cheaters should be given a permanent STD... its only fair..
Old ,   #7  
Unregistered

if you cheat then your impure, if your impure your a parasite if your a parasite you hurt the world, if you hurt the world you deserve to die.
Old ,   #8  
Unregistered

I admit that adultery and fornication is a sin, but death? I don't think people who do this deserve to die. It is a very bad thing to do, but there are better ways to deal with it.
Old ,   #9  
Unregistered

how many wives had prophet mohammed? 4.

the quran says if you see a girl on the streets and you look at her twice, you have already fornicated with her in your heart.

can you say prophet mohammed never looked at his 4 wives twice before he married them?
Old ,   #10  
Doug

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

can you say prophet mohammed never looked at his 4 wives twice before he married them?

Can you say anyone that ever made a law kept it? Laws are made for bad people so if they break the law it is a way to tell what they are. Kind of fun to watch these religious folk sink into their own man made hell.
Old ,   #11  
Doug

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Talking Re: Should Adultery and Fornication be punishable by death?

Kofi. What is it

Adultery a sin?
A sin leading to death?
All sin does not lead to death but there is a sin that does says John.
What sin leads to death?

Kofi, been a long time.

Tags
adultery, death, fornication, punishable