Go Back   AFRICAW WORLD ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > GLOBAL ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > RELIGIOUS AND MORAL ISSUES
Click to log in with Facebook

Prophet Mohammed Married 6 year old Aisha and slept with her at 9

RELIGIOUS AND MORAL ISSUES

Old ,   #1  
Kofi
I love Africa

Replies: 453
Kofi is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD SENIOR MEMBER 

Arrow Prophet Mohammed Married 6 year old Aisha and slept with her at 9

According to the Holy Quran, the holy Prophet Mohammed who was the messenger of Allah married a 6 year old girl by name Aisha and had sex with her at the age of nine.

The holy Prophet of Allah was 53 years at the time he married Aisha and had sex with the kid 3 years later.

I don't mean to sound offensive or disrespectful but wasn't that child abuse? How could a 56 year old man have sex with a 9 year old girl? In fact I was shocked when I first read this but the fact remains. it is very true. In fact, It is in the Holy Quran.

Does the Holy Quran permit sexual abuse of children? The holy Prophet supports child molestation?

How would you "classify" the Holy Prophet Mohammed after marrying a 6 year old girl? a pedophile? ...

Which one is wrong? the Holy Quran or the Holy Prophet Mohammed? What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mohammed-and-Aisha.jpg (23.1 KB)
Sponsored Links
Old ,   #2  
Unregistered

Replies: n/a
Post Re: Prophet Mohammed Married a six year old girl

First of all, Prophet muhammad (SAWW) married to Hazrat Aisha (R.A) in the age of 6, and at the age of 9 when Hazrat Aisha (R.A) she left her parents house to Prophet Muhammad (SAWW)'s house (before they ask her will), it is narrated in Hadith, not in Quran. And also it has nothing said to be such as "Sex".. your point clearly shows disrespect about Prophet Muhamamd (SAWW).. Do read some books.. If you are willing to learn about Islam...

Now there are two school of thought, one uses other hadith & narrations, and say Hazrat Ayesha was above 13 when she got married to Prophet Muhammad (SAWW)..

Other uses some other hadith from hadith books, and narrations, and accept hazrat Ayesha (R.A)'s age was 6 when she got married and left her parents house, after she reaches 9.

Any ways, both school of thought thinks that he never had "sex" with her before she reaches maturity..

Shaykh Salih al-Munajjid said:

The fact that it is permissible to marry a young girl does not mean that it is permissible to have intercourse with her; rather that should not be done until she is able for it. For this reason, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah) delayed
the consummation of his marriage to ‘Aa’ishah…Al-Dawoodi said: ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) had reached physical maturity (at the time when her marriage was consummated). [Sharh Muslim, 9/206)
Old ,   #3  
Casey

Default Re: Prophet Mohammed Married a six year old girl

If Prophet Mohammed were in any other part of the world, he would be a criminal, guilty of rape of a child. Some things are just wrong, putting religion aside. I feel sorry for Muslim children. I really feel sorry for all of you, because Muslim country's don't allow people to think for themselves, and they cannot be children. You Muslims really go through a lot and have such a poor quality of life. Why do you do this to yourselves? I hope that you Muslims gain your freedom of thought and gain your childhoods back. The only ones who seem to be gaining from all of this are just a handful of greedy rulers.
Old ,   #4  
Adesuyi

Replies: 7
Adesuyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Prophet Mohammed Married a six year old girl

All I will say is that you should go back to the history of Islam and make more researches. Your thread has really shown that you do not know anything about Islam.

But before that, let me help you like others have been doing.

You cannot find the history of Prophet Muhammad in the holy Qur'an. All that the Qur'an contains are words of God sent to the Prophet through Angel Jubril (Gabriel).

So if you are sure and you want to argue your point very well, write as an educated somebody, in fact as a scholar, by making proper references. I think that will be more appreciated instead of writing on what you do not know and somebody who is looking for a cheap popularity.
Adesuyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #5  
Kofi
I love Africa

Replies: 453
Kofi is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD SENIOR MEMBER 

Lightbulb Re: Prophet Mohammed Married a six year old girl

well Adesuyi, I am not trying to make things up. It is a known fact that Prophet Mohammed married Aisha. It is also a known fact that Aisha was 6 years old. Some known writers and historians think the Holy Prophet had sex with her at age 9. read the "hadiths"

I am not a Muslim but here are some proofs I found while searching:

"Narrated Hisham’s father: Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married ‘Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consummated that marriage when she was nine years old." Bukhari vol.5 book 58 ch.43 no.236 p.153.
"(3310) ‘A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old." Sahih Muslim vol.2 book 8 ch.548 no.3310,3311 p.716.

A'ishah said: The Apostle of Allah peace be upon him married her when she was six and had intercourse with her when she was nine. (Sunan Nas’ai, Book of Marriage, no.3255)
A’isha was married when she was six years old, and nine when she went to Mohammed’s house. Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 book 9 ch.13 no.1876 p.133
‘Aisha was 6 (or 7) years old when she was married, and the marriage was consummated when she was nine years old. al-Tabari vol.9 p.129-131.

These are not all. There are a whole bunch of proofs online. If you search for "prophet Mohamed Married a six year old girl" you will find hundreds if not thousands of proofs all supporting the idea that the holy prophet of Allah slept with a kid young enough to be his grandchild. Who am I to condemn a holy prophet? I am not condemning him because I cannot condemn him. What I am looking for is answers to why a holy prophet of 54 slept with a kid.
Old ,   #6  
DevotedMuslim

God would you stop classifying all Muslims into 1 group. I'm a 14 year old girl who hasn't been raped, sexually abused, married or ANYTHING. I go to a school with 3000 other girls who have the same case as me so just STOP thinking what you're thinking and if you REALLY want to know what reality is i advice you come here and see so yourself.
Old ,   #7  
Buah

Replies: 47
Buah is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD 

Honestly I don't believe the Holy Prophet of Allah would sleep with a 9 year old girl and if it is true that He did sleep with the kid then I doubt his holiness.
Buah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #8  
123abc

hey don't feel sorry for Muslims, i am also a Muslim and i am 16, i am in 11th standard.. i go to school i have lots of friends we enjoy life, we play games, every thing we want, but we don't cross the limits like non Muslims do, you don't have to feel bad for us, think about your self...but we are not like non Muslims especially in western countries, they drink wine, go to bars, go on date kiss each others and even the little kids do sex, the little girls approximately all have lost their virginity..so we don't need this kind of freedom... If Islam is not a good religion then why thousands of people daily converting to Islam especially Christians???
Old ,   #9  
Dante's Peak

Replies: 12
Dante's Peak is an unknown quantity at this point

It is so scary how the Holy Quran treats women and children. They lash women in public places in the name of sharia law. Muslim husbands have the right to beat their wives and child marriage is also allowed because the holy 'prophet' says so. These are inhumane treatments and they make no sense at all.
Dante's Peak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #10  
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesuyi View Post

You cannot find the history of Prophet Muhammad in the holy Qur'an...
"Qur'an contains are words of God sent to the Prophet" LOL. Muhammad was a pedophile. God hardly would send words to him other than condemnation. Where do you think Muhammad is today? Did he accept Jesus as his savior? No?

And that vile, evil, violent "religion" (cult) that he left behind is indicative of his fate. He will pay for eternity for each act of violence, for each suicide bombing his "followers" commit.
Old ,   #11  
Unregistered

Mohammed never abused Aisha. they were legally married but the holy prophet never touched Aisha until she was 9. The Quran didn't say it explicitly that the prophet had sex with Aisha.
Old ,   #12  
Unregistered

Every single one of you are guilty of ignorance, if you believe a 2000 year old book word for word. Vocabulary in any culture that long ago was so primitive, that describing the simplest things was daunting. So to follow a manuscript written in ancient times, is just absurd. And out of curiosity, what exactly is it that a 56 year old man finds so intriguing about a 6 year old girl, that he cannot live without ? Was she really that smart and grown up ? Or was he really that immature ?
Old ,   #13  
Orisha

Replies: 3
Orisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prophet Mohammed Married a 6 year old girl

It is true the prophet married Aisha at 6 years old but I don't think the prophet had sex with the kid at 9 years old. Marriage is different from having sexual intercourse. I know in certain tribes in Africa and also in India, a man can marry a girl even on the day the girl is born. In other words, in these communities a man can marry a one day old baby. Even though the kid is your wife, you don't take her away from their parents. rather you provide for the kid until she reaches the right age. I think that was what happened in the case of Aisha and Mohamed. Mohamed married Aisha at 6 years old and took care of the kid until she reached the right age but i don't think the prophet touched the girl at 9 as some people claim because 9 years old is still very very young
Orisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #14  
Fatima

Replies: 1
Fatima is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prophet Mohammed Married 6 year old Aisha and slept with her at 9

To correct this post, Mohamed first had sex with Aisha at 6 years not 9. some of the followers made that up because they think 9 is far better than 6 but the truth is that Mohamed the prophet molested the little girl at 6 years old. In today's terms Mohamed would be considered a child molesting pervert or a pedophile. I was born a Muslim but I just thank God I am now a Christian.
Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #15  
Certified Atheist

Prophet Mohamed slept with a 6 year old girl and prophet Mohamed also slept with a dead woman. Yes he slept with a DEAD woman and if you don't believe me you can google it. It sounds crazy? lol. he is a holy prophet. peace be upon him.
Old ,   #16  
Jewel

Oh my god. You said so many untrue offending things that I just lost track and stopped counting...
I'm a Muslim, and there is ONE thing you need to do before criticizing Islam. Read a book about Islam and you'll realize that Muslim Women have the RIGHT to choose who their suitor must be. And Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) didn't marry Aisha because he was pedo as most people think. He married her because Aisha, being her mature wise self, knew that Muhammad was a kind gentle loving and spiritual man, and no matter how long she lived she wouldn't find a man as respectful and close to god as him. Oh, and just for the record he NEVER slept with her! He knew it was inappropriate.
And the Prophet said that parent's should NOT force marriage onto a woman no matter what her age is. So if she doesn't like the guy, she doesn't get with him! It's as easy and simple as that.
So, dear, please educate yourself about other cultures and religions before going around telling people how to live their lives.
Old ,   #17  
Doug

Replies: 179
Doug is an unknown quantity at this point

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Quote: "So, dear, please educate yourself about other cultures and religions before going around telling people how to live their lives".

Jewel you are so right. There is no way to have a discussion with ignorance. When you hear what comes out of a persons mouth you know what kind of person your dealing with. If in doubt look at that persons actions for proof.

Of course if you argue religion you are up against the good and bad of it and are always on the defensive. Every religion has a set of principals differing from the other. There is no standard or point of truth to anchor a proof. Considering what I have just said I find it more fruitful and satisfying to use the terms of what is good and what is evil instead of religion. If good is pursued and is the goal of life there is no reason on the face of this earth for religion. God is always consistent and merciful and religion is not. God is never good and evil but religion is. Seek the Spirit of God and not the spirit of religion and you will always be on top. Remember light always overcomes darkness. The sun rises and darkness flees. In the beginning God separated light from darkness and said the light was good. And the darkness was . . . .?

Discussing religion always leads to frustration and bitterness for religion is not consistent and is the home of misunderstanding for others. Belonging to a religion always marks and separates peoples of this earth. Seeking the God of love and mercy will only bring forth the fruit of what is sought, love and mercy to your fellow man.

Be above the common man of religion and enter into the Kingdom of God. Quit trying to justify your religion and enter the realm of peace and rest.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #18  
Unregistered

May GOD show us the Right path .
Old ,   #19  
Unregistered

You all should repent and accept Christ or rot in hell
Old ,   #20  
Young Talent

Young Talent is an unknown quantity at this point

how can he live with her and not have sex with her. most of you muslim are still practicing the same thing. may God have mercy on you all.
Young Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #21  
riddhisai

Replies: 8
riddhisai is an unknown quantity at this point

im nt a muslim but i think this was mistake done and wht all history tell us to improve us in btr in times so i guess htis argument has no other option exept accepting tht its ws a mistake or a rumour and we all have to change it again
riddhisai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #22  
sue

sue is an unknown quantity at this point

Not only was it a custom in the Arab society to Engage/Marry a young girl it was also common in the Jewish society. Joseph, Mary's husband, was "90 years old" when he married 11to14-year old Mary (RA)! Was he too a pedophile? she was between 11-14 years old when she conceived Jesus. Mary had already been "BETROTHED" to Joseph before conceiving Jesus. We Muslims would never call Joseph a Child Molester, nor would we refer to the "Holy Ghost" of the Bible, that "Impregnated" Mary as a "Rapist" or "Adulterer".since most Christians believe that Jesus is the Creator of this universe, then why did GOD allow himself to enter life through a 11-year old young girl's vagina?
Please note that we Muslims love and respect Allah(GOD) Almighty, Mary, Jesus and Allah's Message to the People of the Book (The Jews and Christians). In other words, we Muslims would never make fun of Christianity through such childish topic like this one as many ridiculous Christians do make fun of Islam through our Prophet's (peace be upon him) marriage
sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #23  
Unregistered

Angry Re: Prophet Mohammed Married 6 year old Aisha and slept with her at 9

I simply cannot understand how a modern man practice a cult called Islam. Islam stinks to high heavens both literally and spiritually.
Mohammad must have terrorised Aisha's family for getting this baby as his sexual partner. Mohammad life and history reeks of madness, violence, debauchery, treachery and butchery.
Old ,   #24  
layth

History is usually recorded many decades after the facts...And very few times is it accurate.

Prophet Mohammed was a man spoken of in the Quran as being of a high moral standard, and of being a follower of God's laws.

God's laws do not allow the consumation of a marriage until the woman has reached her maturity...Thus, it can be stated without doubt that the prophet adhered to these laws.

So you can chose...The Quran which is the word of God and which states that the prophet was a man of high moral standard and an example for the people...Or, the books of history and hadith which make him out to be a meglomaniac, murderer, and child molestor.

The answer is obvious...

Regards,
Old ,   #25  
Unregistered

In islam, muhammed is a semi-god. You cannot touch him, infact Allah gave him the freedom to do anything he likes. He alone can marry more than four wives, he alone can sleep with any woman of his choice, Allah does not count rape as sin for him. He did not only slept with Aisha at 9, he also snatched the wife of his adopted son. Allah allowed him to do all that. Afterall, he is a prophet of Allah, and should be given preferential treatment.
Old ,   #26  
Unregistered

Mohammed was a pedophile. he also slept with dead wife. his sexual drive was crazy.
Old ,   #27  
Unregistered

Please Watch this video till the end, this will answer your question.

youtube.com/watch?v=OwHVN5VYTS0
Old ,   #28  
Unregistered

first of all its not mention in the qurran that when prophet muhamed (S E W) married aysha (RZ) yes she was quite young but alot of people made alot of nonesence to degrade our holy prophet in old times there were alot of enemies of the prophet and islam the religion, so its comming from that and there is no mention of sex in the qurran or in hadith, the media is showing non muslims the wrong picture of islam and the holy prophet.

the greatness of the muhammed (S E W) is that from Ibrahim to Jesus (PBUH) them all, told their nations but they never realised it and still denaiy it. as ALLAH mention in the qurran and other holy books that there is the last prophet and he is blessing for whole mankind and the universe, that kind of greatest man can never abuess child sexually.

so mr kofi and all other illitrate people here, open your eyes and open your minds, there is a prophet who Jeses (PBUH) told you about and jesus was delighted when he knew there will be the last prophet of GOD comming after him "muhammed" (SEW).
Old ,   #29  
smile 101

Smile Re: Prophet Mohammed Married a six year old girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
"Qur'an contains are words of God sent to the Prophet" LOL. Muhammad was a pedophile....
salamu alaykum ( peace be on you)
i ask you to please not say such vile,cruel and untruthful things about my beloved prophet. he was a peaceful man who wished good for every non Muslim and Muslim. and also please don't blame people who do horrible things in the name of Islam on our prophet because they themselves aren't Muslim if they do unjust things because both god and prophet Muhammad peace be upon him forbid these things.

if you read carefully the hadeths and the quran with a open heart and a mind free of unjust judgment you will see the truth. in a way we believe what we want to believe can i ask you why you believe the bad things said about prophet Muhammad but think that the good things said about them is untrue and impossible. i do not judge your way of thinking or even blame it i just wish with all my heart to try to understand it.

by the way i am soon to be an 8 year old girl who is now striving to better both her character and personality to the whole world because that is what my god, my religion, and prophet Muhammad peace be upon him has shown me i should do . i now i have been rambling on but there is so much i want to say but i think that if you wish you should search the truth for your self.
Old ,   #30  
Unregistered

is like pedo grandpa vs little Aisha. only in Islam. peace be upon him? lol. sorry but hes burning in hell!

Tags
aisha, married, mohammed, prophet, year