Go Back   AFRICAW WORLD ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > GLOBAL ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > SOCIAL AND CULTURAL ISSUES
Click to log in with Facebook

Major Problems Facing Pakistan Today

SOCIAL AND CULTURAL ISSUES

Old ,   #1  
Paavan

Replies: n/a
Default Major Problems Facing Pakistan Today

Introduction:
Pakistan was established in 1947 and since its inception, it has been surrounded by countless issues including but not limited to ill-formed/missing infrastructure, insufficient refined resources, barren or obsolete factories and technologies, imposed conflicts at Kashmir and other fronts and an ever-ready enemy to underscore all the efforts towards progress. Despite it being rich on raw resources thus far Pakistan is a developing country with limited development in every era due to the problems it faces. In the following text we will shed some light on some of the major problems faced today by Pakistan as a country.

POVERTY:

According to an analysis conducted by the government of Pakistan and published at hec. Gov .pk(the higher education commission of Pakistan) shows that the poverty has increased roughly from 30% to 40% during the past decade. Consider that if 40%of a country’s population is earning their life below the poverty-line in which the people are deprived of basic necessities of life such as clothing, shelter,food, education and medication, such families and their children will be forced to think of their survival only.

ILLITERACY:

Literacy is defined as persons aged 15 or above who can “read” and “write”.According to this definition, Pakistanis officially reported to have 50% literacy rate. Which means half of its population is illiterate. With such family backgrounds, inflation, poverty and child labor this rate is expected to increase in future. Even for those who are termed as “Literate” are only able to read and write, which in today’s technology oriented world is still considered as illiteracy. Majority of the people forming the top controlling tier is almost unaware of technologies and technical mindset. Thus, causing the country to adopt the new technologies at a snail’s speed.

CORRUPTION AND POLITICAL INSTABILITY:

Pakistan is suffering from a fatal problem known as “Establishment”. Every vital department in Pakistan is controlled by the so called “Establishment”. Establishment is a network of key positions in almost all the departments in the country. This network provides support and safe backing to their “touts” to ensure that they remain in control. The roots of this establishment may very well be deep inside underworld and secret agencies of the dominating nations.
It is interesting to note that due to the international interference and manipulation the very same people that we label as corrupt just sometime ago, blame and rebuke, come back to govern us after a couple of years again and people welcome them with open arms. A common English saying goes as “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me”.
This is probably also the main reason why the political process in Pakistan is not let to prosper. Soon after its inception the sincere and loyal politicians were removed from the main stream and only dummy agents and rubber stamps are put in place, while all the decisions are made outside the country.

INTERNATIONAL INTERFERENCE:

India is typically termed as a conventional enemy to Pakistan. As mentioned before the people of Pakistan need to be trained to think positively about their surroundings. We should learn a lesson from US and Canada’s cross border collaboration to improve their affairs and provide backing, why can’t Pakistan and India enter into such strengthening relationship?
Pakistan can never move forward with its proxy war politics with India and its involvement in the so-called US War on terrorism. It has to strike peace with India and other neighboring countries soon so that it can use its resources for its own people's welfare and focus on its collective objectives.
Pakistan has more potential to be a developed country earlier than India. It has the resources and talent.yet it seems to sink lower by the day. India with a billion plus population has a million problems to handle. Yet the focus of India has been right and it shows in its 8% economic growth. Its time Pakistan learns this lesson and corrects its focus.

TERRORISM AND RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM:

The whole world looks at Pakistan,as a land of terrorists. Main reason being an exploitation through the religious leaders and reaction of the military operations both internally as well as externally. China is getting 13 billion dollars as foreign investment because of its stable and investor-friendly environment where as even tourists are afraid to visit Pakistan due to the security concerns.

Even smaller countries like Romania and Philippines are getting a lot of foreign investments.
There needs to be a big shift in the mind set. Pakistani people should move away from the clutches of the religious fanatics and must realize what is best for them and their country.

OVERPOPULATION, INFLATION, UNEMPLOYMENT:

According to official Pakistani sites (actual figures may be well above the officially reported facts), the country has an estimated 2% growth rate which for a country of official population of 160 Million turns out to be roughly around3.2 Million every year.

This alarming growth rate is causing immense pressure on head of the families who are to support them.

Given that about 40% of the population is already living under poverty line and 5.6% (official figures) of the population is unemployed, the ever growing population of Pakistan is just adding to the problems of the already under pressure nation.

Pakistan has a fast developing economy which is making its middle class grow swiftly. This is creating more need for energy, food and homes and the prices of these things are gigantic nowadays.
Also with the internationally growing oil prices are causing every item in the country to doubled (and in some cases tripled) every year.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg povertypakistan.jpg (40.2 KB)

Old ,   #2  
Anosha Ejaz

Thumbs up Re: Major Problems Facing Pakistan Today

Thank you! Your this information was really awsome And u just solved out my problem of the main issue in Pakistan! May God Bless You For This!

Old ,   #3  
Doug

Replies: 179
Doug is an unknown quantity at this point

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Default Re: Major Problems Facing Pakistan Today

There are six main points that you illustrate in your great article. Of the six I wonder if there is one that is the most important that must be addressed before any of the others. In my opinion I would say it is the religious bondage of the people that first must be addressed.

QUOTE: "Pakistani people should move away from the clutches of the religious fanatics and must realize what is best for them and their country.

I would figure that if the people cannot move away from the clutches of the religious and never realize what is best for them and their country what ever is done on any other front will be of no avail. How can a people progress in any area if they do not know what is best for them? Give a religious bound people everything in the world and they will not know what is best for them and will surly screw-up the best of anything given to them for their mind is bound in religion and it's goals and not truth nor fact.

I think this is a very very interesting subject for discussion for it not only applies to Pakistan but to many other peoples of the world. It is also a problem lurking in the background here in the USA that crops up every once in a while. Any thing to add or bounce around?

Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #4  
Unregistered

U.S helps Pakistan to fight Pakistan. very funny.

Old ,   #5  
Unregistered

Illiteracy is the number one killer disease in Pakistan. what Pakistan needs most is education and by education I mean real education not the religious bul*sh*t and hatred they teach children over there

Old ,   #6  
Doug

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Quote: "not the religious bul*sh*t and hatred they teach children over there"

Over there? How about the education our children are getting in the christian sunday schools here?

The christian god calls it love when he takes a man who obeys and serves him his whole life and has him unmercifully tortured until he dies in agony to pay the penalty of evil men and let them go free. So the children learn if their god can kill the innocent and call it love we can go to war and kill thousands of innocent people and call it love. If our god can torture for hours and hours with no mercy shown to a man with no faults to please him in his lust for blood to wash away the sins of evil men, why should I worry about what is evil for my god has taken care of any punishment I might receive for my actions.

So murder is OK if done in love for my god gave me an example.
Torture is OK if done in love for my god gave me an example.
I can lie, cheat, lay my neighbors wife, or any other thing I please because my god put my punishment for evil on a good man and called it just and love.

So my friend I see no difference in the teaching of the children over there or over here. We have just brought home our troops from a country were we killed many thousands of innocent people in the name of love. They did nothing to us. They had nothing to harm us. We started the war with them. And because we are taught our god loves the evil and punishes the good we are even worse than them.

Oh how twisted and corrupt is religion. Oh how polluted and blind are the minds of those in religions. Seek the true God and his ways and you will see!

Old ,   #7  
Unregistered

as a Muslim it disgusts me when people think all Muslims are terrorists. not all Pakistanis are terrorists. even most of the terrorists are not from Pakistan. there are American terrorists too but nobody wants to talk about that.

Old ,   #8  
Doug

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Lightbulb Re: Major Problems Facing Pakistan Today

Quote: "as a Muslim it disgusts me when people think all Muslims are terrorists".

I wonder why???? One gets a reputation because one earns it????? If you do not like that reputation then don't hang around with the scum that has it.

It takes only one apple in a bag full to spoil the whole bag. Are there any good apples left in the bag? Yes there are but they have the stench impregnated in them of the bad apples and altho not rotten they are tainted by the bad.

Disgusted you say? Yes you are. Why? You are seeking God through a religion with bad apples. Seek God by going right to God himself. After all God said everything he made was good. It was man who ate of the tree of good and EVIL. So leave religion (the mixture of good and evil) and seek God for true peace. Your disgust will turn to joy and praise of your maker.

Old ,   #9  
Unregistered

Pakistan is the best place on earth. take it from a proud Pakistani. Americans make us look bad but we are the best people on earth.

Old ,   #10  
Unregistered

Pakistan is the best place on earth with people dying every second like chicken?

Old ,   #11  
Unregistered

sum all these problems up and you'll end up with one word. ILLITERACY.

Old ,   #12  
Kaynat

Exclamation Re: Major Problems Facing Pakistan Today

Dear Doug!

You have Mentioned this
"Pakistani people should move away from the clutches of the religious fanatics and must realize what is best for them and their country."

PAKISTAN is an Islamic Country and We should Follow all other things in the Light of Islam....

Old ,   #13  
Unregistered

americans are the bad nuts in this world making every one suffer.

Old ,   #14  
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
this is not a wise comment at all. Americans are the bad nuts making every one suffer? did Americans stop you from going to school? did Americans forced you to kill yourselves? has any American taken your wife? did Americans stop you from cultivating your fields? did Americans make you illiterates?

If you answered no to any of the above questions then you should know your comment is not a wise comment at all.

Old ,   #15  
hafizsaadat

Replies: 1
hafizsaadat is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Major Problems Facing Pakistan Today

nice work dear, u put light on the core problems which causes the all evils.
live long

hafizsaadat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #16  
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am an indian and i dont like americans but your comment show that you are among the reason why we suffer. why you should blame americans when some of you are causing it

Old ,   #17  
Doug

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Quote: "why you should blame americans when some of you are causing it?"

Because the stupid ones are always the ones that know it all.

Old ,   #18  
Unregistered

Asalaam Alaikum
come to Allah and he shall give you rest. we have slipped away and we need to reconcile with Allah. Allah alone is god and the holy prophet (peace be upon him) is his messenger. Pakistan is his country and we are his people. Allah can provide for us all. Allah can protect us all. Allah loves us all.

Old ,   #19  
Doug

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Quote: "(peace be upon him)" " Pakistan is his country and we are his people. Allah can provide for us all. Allah can protect us all. Allah loves us all."

Yes, Allah is a god of love and Allah is a god of peace. Allah as a god of love and peace will not have anything to do with a people and it's country that is full of hate and anger. If Allah loves us all, as you say, then Allah loves anger and hatefulness. Yes, Allah can protect you all but he will not protect hate and anger.

Oil and water do not mix and neither does Allah and hateful anger against your fellow man.

Old ,   #20  
Unregistered

Pakistan has one of the worst literacy rates in the world. about 62% of Pakistanis are illiterates. that is why some of them blindly follow their religious beliefs and take part in terrorist activities. Pakistan doesn't allow women into the workforce and what are the consequences? women are poorly educated about family planning and have no idea bout the dangers of population explosion.

Do you know around 61% of illiterates in the world ( people who lack basic education ) live in four of the world's over-populated countries: India, China, Pakistan and Bangladesh? yes these 4 highly over-populated countries contain about 61% of the world's illiterates.

Old ,   #21  
Unregistered

once again the answer is simple. give the children books not guns. teach them love not hatred.

Old ,   #22  
Doug

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Default Q

once again the answer is simple. give the children books not guns.
about 62% of Pakistanis are illiterates. that is why some of them blindly follow their religious beliefs and take part in terrorist activities.

Ha,ha and ha! What a laugh I have just had. Illiterates are the problem?
what a joke. Here in the US our leaders are some of the most educated people in the world. They made war with countries that did nothing to them and killed millions of innocent people as a result. The Jews have terrorized more by far then illiterate countries ever thought of and they are not illiterates.

The government is nothing more than a reflection of what the majority of the people are. The people of the US are greedy, self centered people and so the government goes. The people spend more money than they have and so does the government. Morals is the problem. The choice between good and evil does not exist in the will of the people. Religion has replaced God in the minds of people.

Give the children books? Hogwash!!!!!! Give the children the sense to choose good instead of evil. Teach the children to fear God instead of religion

Quote Kaynat: "PAKISTAN is an Islamic Country and We should Follow all other things in the Light of Islam...."

PAKISTAN is only a small part of the world Allah or God created to do his will. The light of Islam is only one of thousands of religions that try to define Allah or God in this world. You should follow the will of the creator not a religion of any kind.

Give the children books? Crap! Give them the will and guts to choose good rather than evil.

Old ,   #23  
Unregistered

if Pakistanis are poor, human beings are poor. If Afghanistans are poor, human beings are poor. If Haitians are poor, human beings are poor. If Americans are poor, human beings are poor. if you fight poverty in just one country, other human beings will remain poor. solution is, fight poverty globally.

Old ,   #24  
Doug

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

solution is, fight poverty globally.

GO fight God, for he said the poor will always be with you.

Old ,   #25  
Unregistered

Allah did not say the poor will always be with us. we created poverty and suffering not Allah. Allah is a peaceful and just god who loves all Muslims and Pakistan is his land and Pakistanis are his people

Old ,   #26  
Unregistered

the limited range of perspectives here seems to underline a great misconception. the human proclivity to decieve is amazing. people lie to each other and to themselves to such a degreee that the truth is often no longer discernable from the fiction we feed on. a portion of this deceit is intentional for nefarios reasons and some for simple vanity/insecurity. another sahre if it is inadvertent as peole do not always think clearly or decieve themselves with words or misconstrue something out of ignorancem intellectual laziness or blind zealotry. this last bit is most likely the case here. so after all the high words that have been spoken, each perspective is just as poorly conceived as the last. let it rest at that, Dougie

Old ,   #27  
Unregistered

the government is corrupt. education is poor. illiteracy is high. what else do you expect?

Old ,   #28  
Aga Majid

This thread was started by an Indian, by the name of Pavaan. Enemies always distort the truth to make themselves look good. Racism is alive and well in India. It is well hidden under the cloak of casteism.

A Snapshot of Reality about India 2012

Of the 1.21 billion people of India, only 38 per cent are illiterate, about 420 million poor live in only eight states, almost 250 million people do not have access to basic medical care, around 350 million do not have access to safe drinking water.

That is not all: A whopping 53 per cent of our children are undernourished and 52 per cent of our primary schools have only one teacher for every two classes.

These numbers are very recent (from July 18, 2011 Times of India): India’s Low HDI Ranking

The most heinous aspect of poverty in India is that it is based on skin color. Lower castes are darker (dalits or untouchables) and upper castes (Brahmins or priests are fair skinned).

"The affinity to Europeans is proportionate to caste rank, the upper castes being most similar to Europeans, particularly East Europeans. These findings are consistent with greater West Eurasian male admixture with castes of higher rank.

Data demonstrated that the upper castes have a higher affinity to Europeans than to Asians, and the upper castes are significantly more similar to Europeans than are the lower castes. Collectively, all five datasets show a trend toward upper castes being more similar to Europeans, whereas lower castes are more similar to Asians. We conclude that Indian castes are most likely to be of proto-Asian origin with West Eurasian admixture resulting in rank-related and sex-specific differences in the genetic affinities of castes to Asians and Europeans." "Genetic Evidence on the Origins of Indian Caste Populations", in PubMed.gov

source:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11381027

Old ,   #29  
Unregistered

Post Reported: Action: Please note: Due to "freedom of speech" and "freedom of expression", the moderators can neither completely delete this post nor change the main idea or context. We can only modify it a little bit by hiding the offensive part. Under normal circumstances, posts are never edited unless they were created purposely to offend. This is a public forum and the posts represent the views of the respective posters and neither the moderators nor the admins of this website. Thank you very much for your understanding.

@ Aga Majid.

we Indians are not your enemies ok? we are all brothers and sisters. incase you dont know your real enemy, your number one enemy is ***********(name hidden).

lets face the facts. Indians love book. Pakistanis hate book. Indians love peace. Pakistanis love war. India is better than Pakistan in any every sense of the word.

Old ,   #30  
Unregistered

once again, illiteracy and I repeat illiteracy.

Tags
facing, major, pakistan, problems, today