Go Back   AFRICAW WORLD ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > GLOBAL ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > SOCIAL AND CULTURAL ISSUES
Click to log in with Facebook

Child Sex Tourism (and Trade) in Poor Countries

SOCIAL AND CULTURAL ISSUES

Old ,   #1  
Kofi
I love Africa

Replies: 454
Kofi is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD SENIOR MEMBER 

Default Child Sex Tourism (and Trade) in Poor Countries

Tourism is great because tourism promotes cultural exchange. Not just that. Tourism also brings in more and more money. Tourism benefits. a lot but there is one form of tourism that benefits only crazy bastards but tears little children into pieces.

Countries especially those in the Caribbean with great beaches and lots of sunshine benefit a lot from tourism. Tourism plays a major role in the shaky economies of almost all African countries. Countries like Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, etc. with abundance of wildlife and great cultural display benefit a lot from tourism and tourists and most of these countries will do almost anything possible just to draw in more and more tourists.

Child Sex Tourism Popularly known us CST in most African countries is on the rise in Africa. The sad thing is that, this group of tourists benefits only crazy bastards but destroys the lives of innocent children why because this group is made up of pedophiles and perverts who come to Africa not as normal tourists but as child destroyers. Because of the extreme poverty and hunger in some parts of Africa, children (especially orphans) some as young as 9 will do anything possible just to survive and because of this, pedophiles and perverts around the world are turning Africa into child molesting paradise. These pedophiles and perverts come to Africa where they can get little children to satisfy their abnormal sexual pleasures. Some come from America. Some come from Germany. Some come from the United Kingdom. Some come from Spain. Some even come all the way from china just to destroy innocent children.

They pay these little boys and girls (some as young as 9) and take them to hotel rooms where they sexually abuse these children. Countries like America, Canada and the other developed countries fish out and imprison most of these pedophiles and child destroyers but because of the lack of protective laws and law enforcement agencies in most developing countries especially in most African countries, these pedophiles travel from long distances and come in their numbers to Africa to molest and destroy the lives of innocent children for free.

Not just the countries in Africa but in almost all developing countries especially in India, Mexico, Cambodia, etc. I watched a video documentary about the open child sex trade in Cambodia today where little children as young as 8 are forced and sexually abused by older men some older than their grandparents. Since most of these abnormal older human beings desperately demand younger and younger girls, this barbaric trade continues to flourish in Cambodia.

There is a similar trade going on in India, in Bangladesh, in Sri Lanka, in Pakistan, and many other Asian countries
Because of extreme poverty and hunger in some parts of India today, little boys and girls some as young as 9 are forced to sell out their tiny little bodies to these abnormal people which is very sad. There is even a worse form of this barbaric trade going on in Mexico today whereby drug cartels abduct these little children, sexually abuse them, and then sell them out to sex industries and pedophiles in America, in Canada, and in other developed countries just to make money.

What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Child Sex tourism Africa.jpg (26.9 KB)
Old ,   #2  
ayeshanadeem

Replies: 1
ayeshanadeem is an unknown quantity at this point

it is a very Sad and painful so the United Nations Organization (UNO) should do better for the nations in Africa and the West Indies. We must help safe the children.
ayeshanadeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #3  
Susana

Replies: n/a
Default Re: Child Sex Tourism and Child Sex Trade in Third World Countries

Thanks Kofi. I am a member of a group on facebook called SCTNow (Stop Child Trafficking Now) and we have been discussing this topic. you can read more about us on facebook. This problem is worse in Brazil and in Thailand. In Brazil they also traffick children from Mexico into the sex trade. Some also sell children on craigslist. Even in America the most developed country in the world there are open sex slavery cases in all 50 States. An estimated 10,000 sex slaves exist in New York City. In the case of Brazil and Thailand there are no laws and regulations protecting these vulnerable children. You can read more about our group on facebook.
Old ,   #4  
Doug

Replies: 179
Doug is an unknown quantity at this point

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Hey, let's not forget the family. The young boys are out on the streets pimping for their sisters. The old man is out pimping for his wife. When a customer is found the husband is sitting in the house watching and collecting the money. Usually the mom collects for the daughter.

When I was in the navy I seen this in many countries. Is it 'Tourism'? Is it perverts? Is it a way of life? Who do you want to pin the blame on? Where are you going to start to clean this up? You can say stop tourism and this will go away. Or, you can say stop prostitutes and the problem will no longer exist.

Say what you want, but, until you change the morals and values of these nations and families you are chopping wood with a baseball bat.

Until these do-gooder folks and their organizations see the root problem of this condition they are nothing more than a bag of hot air. Like a ballon of hot air they rise up and then come down when the fire goes out. Never going anywhere but up and down, up and down just like their mouth.

From the time sex came into existence sex was sold and sex was perverted. God himself created sex for good and the heart of man uses it for evil. God created man and man uses God for evil. God separated good from evil and man is trying to put it back together.

What you are talking about my friends is nothing more than a symptom of the problem. The root lies deeper. Unless the root of evil is killed it will keep on growing and producing its fruit. How can you find the root? Dig into the soil that is producing it. And so deep in the heart of man lies the root. The root of evil. If man refuses to see what is in himself how can he overcome evil.

So we have the UNO and we have the SCTNow discussing this topic. Woop-de-do and hopsi popsi. The time of discussing has ended and take a stand on evil and ALL things evil will diminish. Where shall I start you ask? Of course it must start at the hardest place to start and that is home. If you don't start at home you can never open the door to go to others. You live in your own home which is your body. Clean out your own body first to show others and they just might see something good that they like. Do you have enough guts to look into yourself to see what you really are? When you see what you are do you like it? Do you live in a home that is clean or is there dirt that has never been swept out? Clean yourself before you can clean others.

And that Kofi is again what I think on this subject.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #5  
world-love
malina

Replies: 16
world-love is an unknown quantity at this point

Costa Rica has a large number of child sex workers. There is a number of tourists who vacation in that country specifically for the purpose of having sex with children, in order to avoid being caught in their own countries. Although paying for sex with minors (under 18) is illegal in Costa Rica, people are aware of it publicly and not much has been done about it. The saddest part? Parents are usually the ones who encourage it because it makes “easy” money for them.

According to the UN, the human trafficking trade is worth about $30 billion. Although forced human sex trafficking is illegal, in countries such as Costa Rica, Germany, and England, prostitution or paying for sex is legal. What do you all think about this? Does legal prostitution help erase sex trafficking or does it encourage it? (Read more at: humantrafficking.org

However, there exist various organizations and charities that help out and rescue these children from being trafficked. Singer Ricky Martin is one of the many ambassadors for this cause. Check out the website for his foundation which provides help to these children. rickymartinfoundation.org
world-love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #6  
Unregistered

very sad indeed. sometimes I wonder what drives people so insane to commit such inhumane and abominable acts. just looking at these poor children makes me teary but some could go to the extent of sexually abusing these poor children. sickos!...
Old ,   #7  
Khusboo

Khusboo is an unknown quantity at this point

It is saddening to hear such heart aching issues facing children. All we knew was children are blessings from God and we have to protect them, nurture and raise them as wise adults for the betterment of the adult, his/her family, the locality, the nation and the world to prosper. But now this has become a dream, as children are no longer considered as blessing but a source of making money. Its shame on those adults who exploit the children and make a living from it.

Its good to find people voicing out against this torment, but i would like to know whether this discussion leads to a solution or atleast an attempt to bring a solution.

How does this discussion make a difference...is it creating an awareness ??
Khusboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #8  
Kofi
I love Africa

Replies: 454
Kofi is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD SENIOR MEMBER 

"How does this discussion make a difference...is it creating an awareness ??"

ofcourse it is creating an awareness. It is not a solution but for the average person like myself, the only thing we can do to help is to create awareness and that is why I continue to post some of these issues here. Sometimes those in the higher positions who have power to change things do not get to know the real problems people are facing so it is up to us to voice out and the easiest way to do that is to post our opinions online for people to read. The more people read, the more aware people become and the more aware people become, the more they will look out and the more pressure they will put on those in higher positions and the better for all.

Despite all the negative effects we get from the internet, the internet helps a lot when it comes to creating awareness. Mubarak is out and Gaddafi is in trouble and the amazing thing is that, it all started online from a single facebook post. They may not listen to our tiny voices but they can never stop us from creating awareness and thanks to the internet for making it easy to create awareness even on our tiny little beds and for making our tiny voices count.
Old ,   #9  
Unregistered

This world is so fucked up. If you catch any of such pedophiles in your in town beat them up and hang them. Putting them in jail doesn't solve the problem because they always return. Just beat them up and hang them.
Old ,   #10  
Unregistered

Some people think and act like animals and at times I wonder. These pedophiles and perverts should be thrown into the deep ocean to feed the big and tiny fishes in the sea. Instead what do we see? they roam about on the surface of the earth free men destroying precious innocent lives. very sad.
Old ,   #11  
Unregistered

It is a shame how the world has turned into. even pastors are raping little children inside the house of God. what a shame!
Old ,   #12  
Unregistered

I shared this with my class yesterday and we have decided to base our term project on this topic. we will post the video on youtube. I will post the link here once we are done making the project. these children are very vulnerable and we should all help in any little ways we can to make a difference.
Old ,   #13  
Unregistered

I fee bad for those children. what is the government doing about it?
Old ,   #14  
Unregistered

very sad. help kill all paedophiles
Old ,   #15  
Unregistered

May God save the lives of these innocent children from the hands of those crazy bastards.
Old ,   #16  
Jonathanbkatte

Jonathanbkatte is an unknown quantity at this point

How sad annoying to hear that still type of practiced are being done. We and our Govt must do something to stop this Child sex and child trade.
Jonathanbkatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #17  
Unregistered

About 95% of Chinese men in Africa are pedophiles.
Old ,   #18  
Unregistered

confused Re: Child Sex Tourism and Child Sex Trade in Third World Countries

I agree with Doug's comment that there has to be a shift in the culture of these places where families must sell themselves and each other, but I think it is also important to consider that none of these individuals want to put a family in that situation, but are forced to due to financial strife. Of course, the places where these atrocities occur need more safeguards on this type of "tourism," but they also demand another way to constructively provide for the thousands of starving families. Perhaps advocating and developing fair-trade artisan groups within these regions would boost the income of these poorer families, thus lifting them out of the desperate poverty that germinates such horrid sex trafficking.

Any other ideas??
Old ,   #19  
Unregistered

Default Re: Child Sex Tourism (and sex trade) in Poor Countries

Abusers such as the American man Matthew Andrew Carter who has been sexually abusing Haitian kids must be sentenced to death by public hanging or better by stoning.
Old ,   #20  
Unregistered

Default Re: Child Sex Tourism (and sex trade) in Poor Countries

Abusers such as the convicted American guy Matthew Andrew Carter who had been sexually abusing poor Haitian kids must be sentenced to death by public hanging or better by stoning.
Old ,   #21  
Unregistered

Default Re: Child Sex Tourism (and Trade) in Poor Countries

some human beings are just disgusting! molesting kids young enough to be your great grandchildren. shame on you all pedos and perverts. May God punish you all.
Old ,   #22  
Unregistered

I did a term report on this and all the students in my class were shocked that such things exist. I told them they exist under different names and titles in different countries. For example, it is similar to the term "wench" in Dominican Republic and other carribean countries.
Old ,   #23  
Unregistered

very sad. I never knew such evil acts existed all this while. thanks for sharing. it is an eye opener.
Old ,   #24  
Unregistered

the question is, what are our leaders doing about this issue? NOTHING!
Old ,   #25  
Concerned Citizen

"There are no protective laws" and if I may ask, why are there no protective laws? it is because our governments have failed us miserably. It is time we take our destinies into our own hands. It is time we kick those failed governments and failed policies out of Africa. The time is now.
Old ,   #26  
Unregistered

blame it on religion. blame it on the Bible and the Quran. All these barbaric practices are justified in those so-called "holy" books. have u all forgotten prophet Mohammed married a 6yr old girl and had sex with her in the Quran?
Old ,   #27  
Unregistered

Do you know child marriage is still legal in Nigeria? yes it is legal in Nigeria why because the Nigerian Muslim senators voted YES to support this barbaric practice all because their so-called holy prophet of piss Mohammed molested a 6yr old girl called Aisha and these bastards see nothing wrong with what that pedophile of a man did.
Old ,   #28  
Unregistered

There will always be evil people like that in our society why because the laws we have today protect the criminals and punish the innocent.
Old ,   #29  
Unregistered

to tell you the truth, it is not just poor third world countries. even here in America there are several sex rings who buy and sell children into the ever growing sex trade. so Mexican, Brazilian and Indian girls have been forced into the sex trade in America.

Tags
child, poor, sex, tourism, trade