Go Back   AFRICAW WORLD ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > GLOBAL ISSUES DISCUSSION FORUM > AFRICA AND THE WORLD
Click to log in with Facebook

JuJu/Black Magic in Nigeria: Blood money and Spiritual attacks

AFRICA AND THE WORLD

Old ,   #1  
Kofi
I love Africa

Replies: 452
Kofi is an unknown quantity at this point

GOLD SENIOR MEMBER 

Lightbulb JuJu/Black Magic in Nigeria: Blood money and Spiritual attacks

Juju or black magic used to be very potent in Nigeria especially in the 70s and 80s. Juju comes from the traditional African religion popularly known as voodoo. Juju practitioners in the traditional African religion are extremists just like the terrorists in Islam although their modes of operation are quite different. The terrorists in Islam attack physically while in Juju the mode of operation is spiritually. Juju includes blood money and spiritual attacks.

Some wicked men used to sacrifice the souls of their wives and children just to make money. Some used to sacrifice their friends, siblings, and even their parents just to make money. these people were killed mostly spiritually and their blood converted into money.

The money they say keeps coming as long as you continue to perform human sacrifice. many rich people in Nigeria today are at times accused of using blood money. Some people go in for Juju just for protection and sometimes for fame. Another form of Juju is witchcraft which is believed to be the lowest rank in terms of Juju powers. You could kill your enemies with juju or you could make their lives miserable with Juju. with Juju, you do not attack the person physically hence the law cannot punish you.

These days because of Christianity, Islam, etc. most people don't believe in Juju powers. Juju is very popular in Benin(the motherland of voodoo) and also Haiti. Not just Africans. Even some Native Americans such as the Cherokees and the Apaches believe in Juju powers.

Some people believe such powers do not exist but that is a huge mistake. We could just pray without watching if there were no dark powers around us but the Bible said "Watch and Pray". If God is light then there must be darkness. I personally do believe dark powers exist although those are powerless before God most high. The fact that they are powerless before God Almighty does not mean they cannot harm mortal men.

Although juju may sound strange to some people, voodoo is part of our(African) culture and traditions. In other words, Africans cannot throw away voodoo. voodoo is part of Africa. The difference between Juju and voodoo(the traditional African religion) is that, the traditional African religion or voodoo mostly helps people unlike Juju which mostly harms people.

Voodoo practitioners are mostly herbalists and wise men who use combination of herbs, barks of trees, etc. to cure diseases. Some get the knowledge from the ancestral spirits and the lesser gods they worship. Juju performers on the other hand use strange objects like the skull of dead animals, human skulls, etc to perform juju powers which mostly harms people. In some situations when they(juju practitioners) know they cannot help, instead of telling people straight away, they demand for even more insane items like the front tooth of a herbivorous lion, the sperm of a dinosaur, etc which are impossible to find.

I learned recently that Juju is on the rise in Nigeria because many people want to become rich and escape the poverty trap. Those who perform juju for people or the overseers of Juju are mostly traditional worshippers like the voodoo worshippers in Benin, Haiti and Togo who worship ancestral spirits and lesser gods. That position is passed on from generation to generation. In other words, you take over from your late father if your late father was a Juju performer.

Do you still believe in Juju? Can Africa prosper with Juju? do you believe in supernatural powers at all?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Juju in Nigeria.jpg (49.8 KB)

ed
Old ,   #2  
arcel

Replies: 54
arcel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
Do you still believe in Juju?....
----

IF this Juju thing is still existing it is because people in Nigeria still believes on it's powers.
Africans has a strong belief of culture and if Juju is something that they can benefit from they will do it. Even UN can not stop this tradition or belief that the Africans have. In Africa it is all about survival of the Fittest only the strong live.

arcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #3  
bluesnow

Replies: 67
bluesnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: JuJu (black magic) in Nigeria

I have heard about black magic and witchcraft, but I personally don't have any experience with it and I don't know of people who conduct or are victims of it. Nevertheless, I think such things may exist, even though I don't know how does it actually work.

But to kill someone in order to have gain money is so wrong! People can do anything for money nowadays....

bluesnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #4  
jessika

Replies: 34
jessika is an unknown quantity at this point

i have totally no faith in Juju or black magic, i's all myth. there is nothing called witch craft these are all tools to fool people who are superstitious. it's all a source of making filthy money by those who are clever enough to fool others and from those who are naive and foolish enough to believe all this.

jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #5  
William

Replies: 57
William is an unknown quantity at this point

I do recall it being a big thing back then, but do I believe it ? Of course not.
In all honesty though I believe that with the weird and potentially poisonous things that they eat there could technically always be "high", and therefore be disillusion to anything and everything in their everyday life, including any 'rituals' that they may perform.

William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #6  
winny

Replies: 40
winny is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: JuJu (black magic) in Nigeria

actually, there are supernatural powers, but one thing that baffles me is why those spiritualists who conduct the rituals continue to live in absolute poverty while they specialize in making people rich. Again, what I ask is "the money that is produced from juju, do they have central bank signatory and numbers?" cos I don't believe money can just come out of the blues

ed
winny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #7  
abooboo

Replies: n/a

Eh mon, i tink blak magik still livezz...yahhh i am de masta of it mah bruddah! u will all suffer mon!

Stay away frum dah vodoo mon!

Sattar Dah Afrikan

Old ,   #8  
Naija

Cool Re: JuJu (black magic) in Nigeria

OK **** what you heard from all the previous responses. I'm 23, was born and raised in NJ but both my parents are from Nigeria, and yes this s**t still exists. They do not practice that s**t but they kept me and my sister away from the people who do. blood money, human sacrifices, and using juju to kill i have never heard of but based on what I have observed juju is usually used to better ones situation/economic status or even to seek revenge on someone and make their life a living hell (and that i have witnessed). so for someone like jessika to say that it is foolish and people are naive, is a stupid remark especially when i know u never been to Nigeria and are completely oblivious to our culture.

Old ,   #9  
Bintu

Replies: 2
Bintu is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't believe in the existence of Juju or black Magic but if there is actually something called Juju or black magic in Africa, then Africa is blessed. If you can use Juju to better your life, I don't see anything wrong with that. If you can use Juju to get protection, I don't see anything wrong with that and If you can use Juju to get riches and fame, I don't see anything wrong with that. However, going to the extent of killing your fellow human beings just to make money is just insanity. Using human blood to make money is nothing less than insanity. I was shocked when I read it in BBC that Nigerian Officers in the Nigerian Police force arrested a goat claiming that it was a "car thief" who had use Juju to change into a goat. normally, this makes no sense at all but the People in Nigeria believe so much in supernatural forces and in Juju to the extent that officers in uniforms are now arresting goats based on the Juju or the black magic mentality. God save Africa

Bintu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #10  
DaughterUK
Citizen of Planet Earth

Replies: 88
DaughterUK is an unknown quantity at this point

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

I believe that the supernatural (e.g. ghosts) is actually the natural as yet not understood by our understanding of the scientific laws which govern the universe. That being said, I do not believe that people have the power to actually kill somebody by manipulating energies as of yet unknown to science. People cannot manipulate energies that they do not understand.

If people are dying then Juju cannot be blamed, people are committing murders and for whatever reason the law has not brought the culprits to justice. I think that the only way that belief in Juju (or indeed any primitive superstitions) would stop would be better education.

DaughterUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #11  
Ngozi

Thank you my brother. This thing is becoming serious in Nigeria. Just yesterday someone killed the mother because he suspected that the mother was using his soul for juju. Anything at all that goes wrong in Nigeria today is attributed to Juju and nobody is ready to accept any reasonable explanation. Some people refuse to work and therefore remain poor. Others work hard and become rich. Those people who refuse to work hard will then refer to those who work hard as using them for money ritual.

Old ,   #12  
meee

i think they make a lot of money from people who believe in it, wen they kill for sacrifice for money, someone gonna sneak in there swap the body for some cash, they all come back later be... wow...

Old ,   #13  
Lambert

If people are using JuJu or what ever you call it to better their lives what is really wrong with that? If people are not using it to harm someone but just to better their lives then what is wrong with that?

Old ,   #14  
Adebayo

People are just being ignorant. There is nothing like Juju and there is nothing like witchcraft. How many educated people believe in Juju and how many educated people believe in witchcraft? Don't be fooled because Juju or whatever you call it doesn't exist. People are just being ignorant

Old ,   #15  
pasturel123

Replies: 7
pasturel123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sure I believe it still exists. Along with all the other pagan rites they perform.
I need to ask Kofi where you are finding all of this information?
You posted a thread earlier saying Obama hates kenya. I don't think Obama hates kenya but I'm sure he and the US doesn't like a lot of the goings on there and in other places in Africa.
This makes it very hard to convince people to vote for African aid.

pasturel123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #16  
Kofi
I love Africa

GOLD SENIOR MEMBER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasturel123 View Post
Sure I believe it still exists. Along with all the other pagan rites they perform.
I need to ask Kofi where you are finding all of this information?
You posted a thread earlier saying Obama hates kenya. I don't think Obama hates kenya but I'm sure he and the US doesn't like a lot of the goings on there and in other places in Africa.
This makes it very hard to convince people to vote for African aid.
I am an African. I am a Ghanaian for that matter and that is why I do know a lot about Africa. I know very little about the world outside the continent of Africa but I do know a lot about Africa because it is my home. I was born in Africa and I grew up in Africa so I know almost all that goes in Africa. From the north to south. from east to west. I know much more about west Afria because I am from West Africa.

Kofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #17  
trisha

Default Re: JuJu/Black Magic in Nigeria - blood money and spiritual attacks

I am mixed race. half Nigeria half English. i grew up in Nigeria and moved to England when i was 10. Juju is real. it would be very ignorant of you to believe that it is not. my family have had a first hand account with juju... many people place 'spells' or curses on you if they are jealous or just want you to fail or even die. it is very sad when you acknowledge that it is real, but the sooner you do the better. My trust in God has become stronger because i believe that with his protection i will be safe.
i have had both perspectives of culture from the western and African and there is a very bug difference. juju is more evident in places like Nigeria because people know it is real and some people practice it. in other places like England. i i had never lived in Nigeria i would have the same views as most people believing it is not real a conspiracy.
your culture affects what you believe. but don't be blind!

Old ,   #18  
Kofi
I love Africa

GOLD SENIOR MEMBER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
actually, there are supernatural powers, but one thing that baffles me is why those spiritualists who conduct the rituals continue to live in absolute poverty while they specialize in making people rich. Again, what I ask is "the money that is produced from juju, do they have central bank signatory and numbers?" cos I don't believe money can just come out of the blues

"Why those spiritualists who conduct the rituals continue to live in absolute poverty.."

that is because the devil is a wretched man by nature and he hates good suits and nice shoes.

for the second part of your question, the money that is produced from juju has the central bank signature and numbers because the devil who issues the juju money is in charge of the central bank and can sign and issue notes anytime, anywhere.

Kofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #19  
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
that is one thing i would also like to know...do those notes have numbers on them??? though i believe it....but i don't know where exactly it comes from..

Old ,   #20  
Unregistered

For long, been born and raised in Nigeria, I've been confused about what to believe. But not anymore. Juju exists and is totally evil because it does not come from God. So be it 'good juju' which may bring good fortune to its seekers or 'bad juju' which brings misfortune to the enemies/victims of the seekers, in the end there's always a price to pay. That price is always certainly grave.

Old ,   #21  
Unregistered

Hi Kofi, I am new here in Nigeria, can u tell me where can i find a person who is doing a black magic? thanks

Old ,   #22  
Olu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Kofi, I am new here in Nigeria, can u tell me where can i find a person who is doing a black magic? thanks
Bros abeg make una forget o. these days nothing works in Africa. not even juju. Na if you wan make money then make una go find work do. quick money go put una straight inside hell. na if u wan kill person with juju then abeg una don die finish.

Old ,   #23  
Unregistered ann

Wink Re: JuJu/Black Magic in Nigeria - blood money and spiritual attacks

well as for people like jessica just pray u don't fall into bad hands n get to experience it. it is something really dreadful n i wont even wish my enemy such juju is still very much in existences particularly in Nigeria. i was once a victim of one chance but i was lucky enough to come out alive. its sad that people have to kill each other just because of money but i hope some day we will come back to our right senses and stop all this fetish practices. only God can save Nigeria and Africa

Old ,   #24  
Unregistered

those are just illusions. there are no powers in the so-called juju. They do not exist. Just open your mind.

Old ,   #25  
Ifa priest

There is different types of juju being practiced. There is the more vulgar juju which involves animal sacrifice and "so called primitive rituals." These are lowly types but evil none the less. But then there is institutional juju which involved larger groups of people and sacrifice of larger groups of people for the benefit of a few in power. Many die by its not over the alter of some African diety, it is through hunger, starvation, depression, poverty, or senseless desperate driven violence.

I live in the US and no evil juju man is as destructive as MerK Pharmaceuticals which killed at least 50,000 people with it's institutionally sanctioned and approved drug, Vioxx.

Lets focus on the real criminals and understand that there is no difference between the mundane and spiritual. Everything is spiritual. Just because you don't practice outward animal sacrifice doesnt mean you are not sacrificing someone for your benefit.

-From a traditional Ifa priest living in the US.

Old ,   #26  
Unregistered

because the devil exists, these black powers exist too. not just in Africa. there are black powers in every country and corner of the world. you need to pray for God's protection.

Old ,   #27  
Doug

Replies: 179
Doug is an unknown quantity at this point

SENIOR MEMBER GOLD 

Can Africa prosper with Juju? Does it snow in winter?

do you believe in supernatural powers at all? Would the earth exist without supernatural power?

What I believe means nothing. What is is what is.

Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old ,   #28  
Unregistered

bros abeg na anybody who tell u say juju na fake that one dey craze for sure cos juju na real. with juju u fit delete any mugu or mumu for this life easily.

Old ,   #29  
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
bros abeg na anybody who tell u say juju na fake that one dey craze for sure cos juju na real. with juju u fit delete any mugu or mumu for this life easily.
bros na wa for you o. e bi like say una don plan already for this business venture. as a fellow Nigerian na one professional advice i wan give una. be brave!

Old ,   #30  
Unregistered

Default Re: JuJu/Black Magic in Nigeria: Blood money and Spiritual attacks

juju doesn't exist. if you allow your mind to be occupied by such meaningless and irrelevant thoughts you'll always fall behind because you cannot think ahead. wake up!

Tags
blood, juju or black, magic, money, nigeria